By Patricia Young.
We all have moments of self-doubt, insecurity and self-judgments, but it’s not about not having those moments, or avoiding experiences so we don’t experience those moments, it’s really about becoming more self-aware and learning how to deal with those moments and the lessons hidden behind the self-doubt.
Most of us spend too much time giving power to our doubts and feeding those thoughts that tell us that we’re not good enough, or we don’t have what it takes, or we’re too old, or we don’t know enough, etc. If we’re not aware of that little voice and the stories we tell ourselves, our confidence takes a big hit, and we will definitely give in to our self-doubts, and will end up living a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Click To Tweet
One of the main things to do to strip off your self-doubt it to pay attention to how you react to people and circumstances. Understanding the root of your insecurities is key, because at the end of the day, your self-doubts and fears shine a light on things that need to be healed. Here’s the thing, it’s all about perspective, and making the intentional choice of giving more power to your gifts and strengths!
Here are 5 ways to strip off self-doubt and believe in yourself:
- Be aware of what you’re telling yourself – pay attention to the little voice in your mind, the stories you’re telling yourself when a new opportunity shows up. These stories are usually very similar every time they get activated. We create who we are. Shifting the way we talk to ourselves makes a big difference. It’s just a matter of paying attention to what comes up, and reframing the experience as an opportunity for growth, by telling your ego-mind that you’re working on new experiences and that if you make a mistake, it’s only a missed-take, and you’ll have many more takes and many more lessons to learn.
- Take inventory of your successes - Make a list of all your successes and achievements for the last year or so. It doesn’t matter how small they are, they are evidence that you have what it takes to do amazing things in your life or business. Any time you find yourself consumed in self-doubt, revisit the list to get a boost of inspiration!
- Trust yourself – You are living with yourself all your life, so you better learn to love and believe in yourself. Don’t fall into the comparison trap, and really value and love yourself for all the great and unique attributes and gifts that you have been given by the Divine. Your gifts are SO needed in the world! Use nature as the perfect example, a flower doesn’t have self-doubts, it’s not comparing itself to the flower next to it. It just blooms!
- Surround yourself with positive people – Avoid listening to people that are negative, and don’t see the potential in you or your dreams, mainly if they don’t have anything great going on in their life. Surround yourself with a circle of people that will inspire you and bring the best out of you because they see your greatness and believe in you.
- Give yourself permission to move forward – A way to turn down the volume to Self-doubt is by taking action despite the fear. Fear and self-doubt will always be there, every time you think about doing something that falls out of your comfort zone. So ask yourself: “what if doing this brings in an opportunity for growth and expansion that I didn’t even know about?”. Also, remember that you have had great achievements in the past. In those moments, you stripped off your self-doubt and moved forward, so you can do it again!
Learning to believe in yourself more, and cultivating your confidence is a process, but you can do this! I know this, because I have become much better at it. The more you strip off your self-doubts, the more you’ll feel inspired to overcome challenges or embrace new opportunities that will bring much growth, fulfillment and freedom in your life and business.
If you feel stagnant and frustrated, I’m here to help you connect the dots on what is getting in the way! I invite you to schedule a 30-min. Complimentary conversation with me where you can get clarity on where you are now, where you want to be, and we’ll map out a plan on how to turn things around for you! -> Schedule your Complimentary Session
Sign-up for my FREE REPORT in which I share some Treasured Insights about the 7 Steps to Go From Working for a Paycheck to Working for a Mission™ so you can FINALLY live on Purpose.